Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Don't Just Sit There





Well I finally tried Pure Barre for the first time yesterday with a free anniversary class & I loved it. It was definitely made for people who need direction and motivation when exercising or else they don't get anything done...I'm guilty. My body was indeed convulsing by the time the class was finished probably due to the fact I haven't done anything remotely physical (dance parties don't count) since moving here 8 months ago. It felt great to have those endorphins back in my system. Today it is difficult walking and/or moving in general- those girls aren't messin' around! I also was surprised by a month long package from my K after he heard I liked it so much! What a man, what a man... I'll keep you posted on if it gets any easier or if I become a victoria's secret model. Either one.




via

via



On another note, K has started his first day of Emergency Med rotation (the original plan of action) for his future doctor self so the next few weeks will be quite telling although I'm pretty sure I already know where his passion lies... 



4 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to join Pure Barre, but sadly the one in our city isn't really convenient for me -- and it's sooo expensive. I went to one free class in New Orleans and fell in love. I feel like if I went all the time I really would be a VS model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is most definitely pricey. One month is all that is in the budget. Luckily I work right next door to one so hopefully that will force me to take full advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think it's a great workout but like many, I found it was just a tad too expensive for me to continue beyond a class or two. Thankfully my gym just started teaching a similar technique which is MUCH more affordable! I have yet to try out their class but I've heard it's great! And yeah...walking the following day (or two!) is always a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea! I need to find somewhere that does a similar workout technique to theirs for less moo-la. I feel like maybe the trendiness factor is why it's so pricey. Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete